Provincial governments provide financial support to people with disabilities who meet certain criteria. The level and type of support is different for each province. Please see below for the provincial support that may be available to you.
- Ontario: The Government provides financial and employment support to people who are:
- 18 years of age or older with a disability that restricts activities of daily living;
- persons or couples aged 65 or over who are not eligible for a pension under the Old Age Security Act;
- person in receipt of disability benefits under the Canada Pension Plan
- people who qualify for rapid reinstatement
- residents in a psychiatric facility, a facility under the Development Services Act, or in a home under the Home for Special Care Act.
- Other provinces: We are currently working on documenting support from other provincial governments. This page will soon be updated. Thank you for your patience.